Here are five questions to consider for your decision-making matrix.
1. Is his or her current performance or potential, valuable to your organization?
2. Can you pinpoint challenges he or she is facing right now?
3. Is he or she willing to work with an outside coach?
4. Have you considered alternatives to coaching?
5. Are other members of your team willing to support his or her growth and change?
If you have a direct report who could stand improvement in his or her current role, or you are interested in grooming someone for succession planning, it may be worthwhile to have a conversation with Karl Bimshas Consulting.