We are all facing a rapidly escalating health crisis, with responsible citizens sheltering in place to help blunt the COVID-19 virus and reduce the inevitable strain on our healthcare infrastructure. This necessary action helps save lives and buy time. The social and economic impact is going to be daunting. This message is to remind you that Karl Bimshas Consulting wants to support you in any way we can.
We are committed to helping busy professionals to manage better and lead well. Part of our vision is to “help create environments where great leaders outnumber lousy leaders and better leadership is the norm, not the exception.”
What we are facing today and in the weeks ahead are going to require better leadership. Here are some of the ways you can remain calm, confident, and focused on improving your leadership and that of those you lead.
- Keep connected. Reach out and let people know that you are there for them.
- Bring stability where you can. Ensure you take care of your team and their families.
- Stay grateful. Pay attention to and appreciate what you have.
- Embrace change. Change is constant, and while it’s rare that we all go through it at the same time, this will be an exception.
- Rise to the challenges. It’s very likely, that how you’ve done things in the past is not going to work going forward. Keep your eyes open for new opportunities and better ways of doing what you do best.
- Reinforce your relationships. Help others to focus, simplify, and maximize their strengths.
- Ignite your optimism. Be positive and stay positive during these challenges and setbacks. Be the light others may need.
Karl Bimshas Consulting has several resources and tools to support your leadership growth. Look at; KarlBimshasConsulting.com, LeadershirtsPlus.com, LearnfromKarl.com, and the Reflection on Leadership Podcast
You may also be interested in disposablejournal.com, where you can find The Disposable Journal in a physical or virtual edition. It’s a seven-day journal that helps get you through difficult periods.
Despite the uncertainty, continue to advance confidently in the direction of your dreams and help others along the way.