During this last month of the year, I am going to be sharing topics around goal-setting and building a useful personal plan.
My ardent desire is to help as many people as possible have a great year pursuing their fulfilling goals, so please share this and future messages with those you care about.
Here is an overview of the ten elements required to create a better personal plan for yourself. The more steps you complete, the better your plan.
These are the same elements found in my Leadership Guidance System, which I facilitate with high-performing entrepreneurs and executives who want to improve how they lead.
- Make Space – Pave the way for success ahead of time. A clear mind is productive.
- Explore your wants – Identify the gap between where you are and where you want to go.
- See the whole picture – Determine your satisfaction in multiple areas of your life.
- Know your values – Your critical values influence your decision-making.
- Know your purpose – What is your mission, mantra or rallying cry
- Intentions and Measures – Chose relevant metrics and use success language.
- Goal Harvesting – Develop a list of goals you want to achieve over the next ten years.
- Develop the Master Plan – Assign high leverage goals in each area of your life.
- Create a 90-day focus – Translate plans into quarterly actions.
- 30-Day Objectives – Turn 90 Day Focus into daily actions to keep accountable.
Maintenance and Accountability – Keep your plan on track with a team of peers or an accountability partner.
Drafting a better personal plan can be an intensive process, after all, you are building your future. That should merit extra effort.
Missing steps in your plan? Contact Karl Bimshas Consulting today. Working together now makes you well prepared for success in the new year.